Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer begins

It's heating up outside! Summer is full swing into fun around here, and summer nights just call to me to be outside, swinging a baby, watching the animals, chasing the kiddos. We've been walking often, though I admit that I completely shy away from the heat! I feel like the evil witch in the Wizard of Oz screaming "I'm melting!!". We're enjoying popsicles, ice cubes, unlimited well water to play in, and walking distance parks! We're blessed to have spent some time with Damon recently even.. due to a broken truck AND on the same day, a broken car - he was 'stuck' with us. It rocked. (well, both roger and hester being broke sucks but I uuber miss my husband and I'll take any time I can get damnit!)

Around here lately there is a lot of Moose v. Moose wrestling! Either way, Moose wins :) I love this giant stuffed moose from Costco. It was a surprise 'just to make you smile' gift for my husband but honestly the kids LOVE the huge thing. It usually sits in the corner just in front of the toy room and he gets read to a lot. He's been re-named about a million times in the last 2 months and if all else fails, TACKLE HIM!


I seem to have produced kids that love to love on each other too! All of our children have enjoyed rolling around together, giggles, belly tickles, and lots of time together. It's been nice to focus on one another for awhile.

Our spunky child is working hard at learning how to crochet right now. It has proved difficult and she gets frustrated when she cannot produce a sweater, hat, or pants for her baby instantly. She is very dedicated to learning this fiber arts skill.


Aurora is hysterical. No really, it is impossible to be near her and not have a great laugh at her wild spirit, goofy faces and constant singing. She is so FUN!


In our lives, it's completely and totally normal to photograph the outside and capture a cat, chicken and rabbit together. Huh, what a life!!

Daunika has spent at least 2 hours every day reading. She is such an amazing little soul that is so full of wonder and thirst for the precious words and excitement that books can bring. She has joined a book club that meets every Wednesday through the whole summer to read together and discuss the Rebecca series of the American Girl series.

Kalani is so fun. She is full of laughter, beaming from ear to ear as she sits happily and tries to rock forward on her bum to reach anything new. I am beginning to see two little white bumps on her bottom gums.. before we know it, she'll have teeth there! 


Declan is exactly like what I imagine my husband was like as a child. If he has a problem, he invents a solution. His brain is so amazing... to watch him interact with the world, to find a way around any obstacle is quite inspiring honestly! This picture exactly captures what I mean... He couldn't find a drinking glass, he understands we drink out of mason jars... so.... (that's a 2 quart mason jar. the ones used for iced coffee and kombucha in this house!)

This picture summed life up nicely..... 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE how one posts is full of a little heartache but the next post is full of joy! Love the picture of the kids. They all look so happy!

    ReplyDelete