I love that thought.... Our home is not just a place, it's a purposeful place. Erika over at Inspired Mama Musings wrote a wonderful tale of how we traded chickens this past week... And in her blog she called our lovely home a homestead. What is so amazing about this is it damn near made me bubble over in tears and I really began to realize my 'dreams' of homesteading ARE coming TRUE!! It wasn't just a goal, a dream, a wish for our future... ya know, when we had money, time, and did I mention more money? It actually was happening now.
We are doing are best to live our morals and learn from this land.
What is a homestead to us? Well, first and foremost, we are farming an important crop: Our children. I think I heard it best when I heard the quote above from Pres. David McKay. That simple quote sums up a lifetime of lessons I believe. There is no career, no business venture, no friendship or lovely hobby that can replace a solid, happy and loving home. Nothing. And while Damon and I are busy always with 'work', there is no mistake to be had - the most important 'job' we'll ever have is this family. We are united and strong in this value and I love it.
But that's kind of a given right? Our family is first... so with that aside, what else are we doing to raise our standards on this earthly home? Well.... here's a few examples from this week.
Somethings always brewing in the kitchen...
On the left, our kombucha is growing it's own scoby and on the right, cold brew coffee is creating the loveliest smooth coffee for hot summer days.
There is a guard dog holding down the fort....
6 years faithfully by our side. Zoey is really the perfect dog and she's irreplaceable.
My needles are creating wonderful knits for our family.....
Oh lovely squishy blue sweater...
There is so much we're doing in this life of ours that meets my 'dreams' - it is humbling to realize I am a small part of this earth and I feel so empowered to do my part. So, with this in mind, my lovely little blog is changing names, Thank you Erika for reminding me that my dreams are being realized before my eyes!
Broadly defined, homesteading is a lifestyle of simple self-sufficiency.
No comments:
Post a Comment