Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thank you Shaeffer for an excellent quote!!

Francis Schaeffer said this - "Having no base for law, those who hold the humanist view make binding law whatever they personally think is good for society at the moment. This leads increasingly to arbitrary law and rulings which produce chaos in society and which then naturally and increasingly tend to lead to some form of authoritarianism. At that point, what the country had in the first place is lost and dead"

WHOA. WOW. I mean ............. WOW. Seriously. Read that quote again. And again.

Suddenly I am beginning to think that my blog has become a crazy ranting of one woman. Then I begin to look around, and I am finding more and more resources to help myself find my path to the "right" way of life. I am NOT a christian - NOT at all. Everyone knows that. I dont believe in the bible one damn bit, but when in the world did I become best friends with a Mormon and a Born Again Christian that understand my veiws - Allowing governments to dictate my beliefs is damn scary.

I have been reading alot of things lately. Sadly, Its mostly christian based. Which irritates me to hell. I dont want to know about the bible telling me things, I want to know about the LEGAL implications of restrictions. I want to know about cases and rulings that are important to me. Alas, I cant seem to find one without the other. Interestingly, I have fought against hearing christian shit my whole life. I literally hated hearing about the bible as a teen - but as I have grown and mellowed, it still bothers me some if its a persuasive conversation and I'm never swayed (enter family members in this senerio).........

But suddenly I realized something. What if it was the opposite? What if MY personal opinion was under attack. What if being a non-christian became a topic of taboo and my personal sanity was questioned? Isnt that how I have veiwed christ followers forever? Yes and no. I have changed alot in 10 years since affirming that God had a different non-christ path for me. Suddenly though, I am wanting to reach out to christians and non-christians alike. I want everyone to understand that our rights are being taken away and that we need to band together to live in a world of inclusiveness. That seperation of church and state simply means that church does not control the state - not that church must not exsist!

Where on this fucking path of america had we gone so wrong? I dont know, but I'm trying to find out.... aside from the hundreds of dollars I had to invest into seminars and flights to see some key people speak... but I am finding my library is helping. I am appauled by so much of what I see. Im frustrated by my lack of personal limited funds. I'm furious with alot. I am very mixed up inside and probably need to vent out more than just a blog..... punching bag anyone?

A few VERY keys issues on my mind are the right to birthing as you please, the right to educate as you please, the rights of parents, the rights to refuse medical treatment, and the right to control your own property.

I wish I could fucking slap people. WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING. Why doesnt anyone get that? Step back, some people get it. I wish I had more UMPH to show them though. Ugh. I'm frustrated.

Exert for "Where do I draw the line" -

First lets consider the real orgin of the phrase "seperation of church and state". Thomas Jefferson coined this phrase, which is so often misused, in a latter to a Baptist Church in Connecticut. Read what Chief Justice William Rehnquist recently wrote about the origin of this phrase:
"it is impossible to build a sound constitutional doctrine upon a mistaken understanding of constitutional history, but unfortunately the Established Clause has been expressly freighted with Jeffersons' misleading metaphor for nearly forty years. Thomas Jefferson was of course in France at the time of the constituational Amendments known as the Bill of Rights were passed by Congress and ratified by the States. His letter to the Danbury Baptist Association was a short note of courtesy, written fourteen years after the amendments were passed by Congress. He would seem to any detached observer as a less than ideal source of contemporary history as to the meaning of Religion Clauses on the First Amendment" End exert.

WHY the hell arent we taught this in school? Oh wait. Public education is going to hell in a handbasket (again, I dont believe in hell), and teaching children about real history might envoke THOUGHT.

What would we do in a country where people questioned things? OH NO.

President Madison said it best - The government is free to acknowledge God in a nonsectarian manner, but no person can ever be forced to participate in a religious activity.

EXACTLY! You can have your God - but we were a country of acceptance of the freedom to chose to have our government to be about laws, and our free will would direct our path to God. Why removed God? Why try to push religion?

Lets switch paths a bit shall we? How do you feel at this moment? Are you comfortable? Did you pick the chair your in? The home your in? How about your health? The freedom to chose your health care provider, and what medications to accept and refuse?

What a blessing if you can answer yes, you picked all those. Do you understand your rights when it comes to your body? Recently I began to dive into my own personal beliefs on abortion. Hot topic, discontinue reading if you dont want to be mad at me :)

In any case, the topic arose - is pro-choice the same thing as pro-abortion? NO. I would considering myself somewhere in the middle. I do not mind abortion, I firmly believe that life begins with the first breath. I will not sway from that path. However, when did my pro-choice veiws suddenly make me the spawn of hell. Do you understand what anti-choice laws would do? If a government can dictate what medical proceedures you can or cannot do for whatever reason, where do they draw the line? We already are seeing the government FORCING chemo therapy on children. Do we really understand what we're losing here?http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/05/26/minnesota.forced.chemo/index.html

How about another recent news head line - laboring women are not considered a "person". Civil rights lawyers should be called. immediately. Let me restate - A woman in labor is not considered a mentally stable person, therefore the court CAN dictate what happens to a laboring woman. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/louise-marie-roth/is-a-woman-in-labor-a-per_b_242307.html


Are you fucking kidding me?

I think I hit my "im furious and going to rant about it" quota today. I have written my senators about these issues, and more. And will continue to do so - I STRONGLY encourage you to get off are arse, my blog isnt important, and write a letter today about how to feel concerning topics you feel stongly about.

No comments:

Post a Comment