Well well. We've hit a milestone - my child learned to cut her own hair. Although I cant be for sure who incited the riot, Josh or Daunika, but the end results was the same - A new look.
Yesteday I nearly shit myself upon realizing that somehow the kids had gotten scissors, probably found in the extra rooms closet, then decided to try them on hair! This was really r
eally shocking to me because my kiddo is VERY girly, and was working really hard on growing her hair long "like mommys" and loves her hair bows, braided hair, etc. I know that had she been old enough to think about that, she wouldnt have done it. A lesson well learned.
This morning was terrible though. Screaming, crying, pulling her own hair - it was vicious. She woke up with the realization that her hair didnt grow overnight. She FLIPPED OUT and was screaming "I want my hair back" "You cut my hair" "My hair didnt grow last night". It was really hard for me to stay calm and explain that SHE cut it, and it would grow, but slowly. I tried to make it better, but brushing it just made it worst. She cried hard core for a bit.
This is her hair today:


Pictures of yesterdays events -
This was snapped by Megan, who had the brillant insight to take pictures of the event. Internally I was a mess because I knew what was going to come, day after day, when I did Daunikas hair - but externally I tried SO hard not to show because I didnt want to upset Daunika or make her think I was mad at her.
Thats a lovely picture of our child's hair - thats what SHE cut. But hey, at least she was smart enough not to make a mess right? blah. LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment