Sunday, July 19, 2009

And the saga continues.

What is it about my in-laws that feel the need to lash out at me? Nothing happend - I'm assuming. But deep down, both damon and I know that they think this lack of communication is all my fault. Chang of events..

Damons previous cell phone number, the one he's had for the last 4 years, was getting CONSTANT hounding for Jose and Maria Garcia. Do we know who these people are? No. But they appearently were using his cell number as their fake number to give everyone. We pulled our credit reports, nothing unusual, so just the phone number was probably randomly chosen by them to fraud people with. One Saturday, we logged that 17 DIFFERENT creditors called for these crazy people. Clearly they had done something wrong! But that many calls in one day is absolutely insane. Damon was furious and changed his number.

Yay for no irritating calls! But do you know what a new phone number means? You have to tell people you have a new number. We told the usual, work associates that needed to know, couple friends. But really, Damon had no driving need to call his family and let them know.

About a month ago, Damons brother called, probably just to catch up. Its been about 4 months since they've spoken... which isnt something new. They arent close if you ask me. Anyways, Vince called on MY phone, which I found odd. I told Damon his brother had left a message. And forgot about it.... See, the thing is, when his family has to call MY phone - they assume he doesnt get the messages, and call back. I ignore the calls because I have no desire what so ever to communicate with people that are that different from my family values.

So, clearly, Damon had not told his brother Vincent about his phone change. He did tell his mother - whom I love and we speak at least monthly. She may not be the heart felt warm motherly type, but shes honest about it and no bull shit pretending. I respect that and Damon has grown closer to her as intellectually they can connect as two adults. Damon also told his Grandparents (his mothers parents) about his phone number change.

So, The great divide is here again. My guess - Damons father is trying to contact him. How I came to this assumption? Jamie, Damons step sister, whom he does NOT associate with in any regaurds, and refuses to speak to, sent me a myspace note. Well, thats all good and fine, except I cannot read the note. I have her blocked from any and all contact with me - all I know is myspace sent me a message saying a blocked member was trying to message me.

I'm sure it has to do with Damon not speaking to his father Mike, and me changing the password on my photobucket account so that I can USE it again. Not only the basics that anyone could see, but the silly, and fun, and great wonderful moments that I love to show my real friends. Between those two events, I'm sure that the sum of all evil in their minds is me again.

WHY ME? Jesus fucking christ. My husband is a grown man, and while I can encourage him to do things, I cannot force him to want these crazed people in his life. I admit, I dont encourage, and probably discourage a little. I dont like them, I dont hide that fact. Should I like them when they openly hate me? Eh. I will simply enjoy my life here.

This really isnt a huge issue. Not that warrants a blog this long... but it feels good to get it out and leave it behind. I dont give a hoot who knows I blog, and what I blog about. I'm sure they'd shit themselves over this blog if they stumbled upon it... So fucking what? I am NOT going to pretend life is great between us when we CHOSE not to know them anymore.

Alas, I'm reminded most in this event that real family does not over look your mistakes, more they take them in, understand them, and still love you as you work through them. Thank God that Damon, myself, and our daughters have found real family in Idaho.

Anything beyond real family... doesnt really matter anymore. *sigh* Zen moments coming. I'm going to shower and get ready for church!

No comments:

Post a Comment