Its June right? Last time I checked. June is suppose to be so hot that I hate it in Idaho. I am blown away that today is was overcast, and there was light, but warm, rain! Today was Eagle Fun Days... It was great. In fact, I was taken aback from the simple amazing feeling I had all day with my husband and children. Laughter is addicting and I am so blessed.
I worked last night, great party BTW, so I slept in longer than I had hoped. Apon rising, I finished my paperwork from the night before, and then woke the kids. Damon, myself and our two daughters got ready to head out! We made it out of the door at 10 am, which is laughable, but we made it to the pancake breakfast provided at Merril Park! It was nice to have a breakfast and NO dishes! WOOT!
Damon and Aurora watching the cruise!


And of course, Daunika wanted Daddy because Aurora was in his arms...
After breakfast, we walked to the parade site - just in time for the Old Glory Pride cruisers to begin. Its basically all classic cars, and it fit the theme of the parade perfectly. During the beginning, Damon and I were talking, the girls were dancing to music... and Damon told me he had never been to a parade - EVER. I mean, never. I nearly shit myself! Parades are the american thing to do right? And theres always hot-rod cruises too. He had been to neither. My poor city-slicker husband had his cherry popped today. I'm so glad, because we both LOVED IT! Heres our two favorite cars from the cruise.


Once the cruisers had stopped making me drool .... then the parade started! Eagle has whats called a "Wet & Wild Parade". The first part of the parade are all dry floats, ya know, normal ones. After all those beautiful floats pass... then comes the REAL FUN! These are pictures of the "wet & wild" part; We got really wet! If you look close enough, theres HOSES. Not just water guns, but FIRE HOSES!!!!!


What a frickin blast. Thank goodness for zoom because my camera would have been soaked trying to take these otherwise.
We headed to the Eagle Days Carnival - where my camera totally died! But, Daunika had a blast riding a bunch of toddler rides, we shared a funnel cake with apples on it, and then both kids crashed, Damon and I got a great chance to just be peaceful and talk on the mile or so walk back to the car - we walked the opposite direction of everyone else, I'm so glad!
No comments:
Post a Comment