Friday, June 12, 2009

Our adventure with Art


Daunika decided this week was art week. Each week we try to pick a new "theme" and I was pleasently suprised at the topic art. So... I decided to hang some string in our living room above her school supplies with some clothes hangers. A place to display her work and to remind her that she is doing fantastic. She is very proud of it and shows me constantly.


We started with shapes. She wanted to have me cut them out from the colored paper she chose, then she glued them to a paper. It was a great interactive expeirence! We spent about an hour talking about colors, and what shapes she liked, etc. I really wish I had thought to take a picture of her using glue and making her art work... but I didnt want to interupt her enjoyment with some flashes in her eyes.

Then today - we made FISH! We took simple materials, paper plates, paint, a little glitter, 2 eyes, and some scissors. 3 hours later, she added fish to her wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment