
I don't believe most intelligent people are destine for a JOB. Let me explain, a job includes what? A boss, a supervisor, if you aren't entry level - then people under you as well. You're told when you arrive, when you take breaks and when to leave. You have to ask for a vacation.
A job controls everything about your life. Where you live, what kind of meals you eat, where you'll vacation and IF you can even vacation, where your children go to school, and the list goes on and on and on. Its all controlled by someone else when you have a job. People often hear that and say, "no, I control where I live, I control where my kids go to school and what my family eats"..... is that so?
When you have a job, your saying "my life is only worth _____ amount of dollars an hour. Even if on salary, its all a sell out. Is your husband really only worth 15-20-30 dollars a hour? Mine isnt. You unconciously sell out your dream life. You become sucked into a ****ty life that is defined by what? a damn j-o-b.
-Where you live - yes, you may pick the color of your walls, hopefully not a shitty beige, but where you live is absolutely controlled by your job. Those that beg to differ - I ask, is your dream life living where you are RIGHT NOW? of corse not, for most. So, if your not in your dream home, why not? Again, most tribute that to Money. "my job only pays so much"......... exactly. Your rented per hour to be an expense at some point. Otherwise, there wouldnt be risks of layoffs.
-What kind of food you eat - some people cant afford organic foods. dumbest statement in the world to me personally, but I understand that when a job rents them for a price they they accept, it gets tough.
-Vacations... in an "economy like this" who thinks of vacations? I do. Why the hell not? when the hell did we stop dreaming? Why should my life be limited. When your little you dont think about "oh, I'll never get that huge home with a picket fence"... you say, I'll fill it with dolls! So why not have it? Because your rented, you sell out on the immediate, never willing to risk reaching out of the box to see what life offers.
-Where your children go to school.... in a simple statment, can you afford a full ride to Yale? Brown? Harvard? Why are those kids that make it there any better than yours? they arent.
SOOOOOOOOOOOO............. Back to my original statement, MY husband being laid off from his JOB was the absolutely a life saver. Was your husband around for your babies first foods, first words, first steps? How about were they there for those moments when you needed to lean on them because if your toddler threw one more fit you thought they might not live to see tomorrow, or for certain, you wouldnt. Were they there to cuddle your baby when your sick, not worrying about anything but caring for his wife and their children.
My husband was never around for the first year of our oldests life. He worked like a 60+ hour work week just to maintain bills. Our lifestyle increased, and his hours had to. He was away more than he was with us. It sucked. On the flip side, he has seen our youngest daughters nearly ever 'firsts' and has been the man able to simply be at home to help me before I want to cry because the day gets so hard.
BUT. Did my income suffer to become a business owner? Absolutely. In fact, I'm scare shitless. But its a different kind of fear. I fear LOSING my husband again. Losing him to that endless shitty cycle of him going to work, our vacations defined, when I could see him even, defined by someone else.
I've heard people say "well thats just life" - no, thats THEIR life. Not mine. I refuse to accept that shit is normal. Thats not how I live.
You've seen my house, I in no way suffer. Its not where I want to be, its not my dream by any means... but its home. And my husband is HOME to share it with me.
Self employed/owning a business has changed our life forever, and I'll NEVER EVER EVER go back. My income will only increase this way, and I'm not sure that my income would have increased the other way. Now we control that. If we work - we get paid more. If we dont, we dont. Thats so scary to some people, but I realize why... They aren't willing to be on the line. To actually have to do something. Its scary for us too, don't get me wrong. But its a different kind of fear.
I know, I wont ever lose my husband again. My marriage is so much richer and deeper. My life with God isnt limited any longer (I felt like I couldn't help at church like I wanted to before, limited time), my children are the luckiest in the world - they know their dad is there for them. Everything in life is better this way.
My husband is worth more than 15-20-30+ dollars an hour. He'll never be rented again. I'll never be rented.
________________________________________________________________
This was a blog I wrote several months ago and I wanted to repost in this blog form so that those who hadn't seen it were welcome to read it. Please note, I am not judging, I'm simply THRILLED to have found another way to live!!!!!
Its been several months since I have written the above blog, and while I might use nicer tones now, I still cannot losing my husband. I am so proud of him and myself for accomplishing our goals in life. I look forward to updating you more later :)
No comments:
Post a Comment