Recently I've come under attack for our lifestyle choices. Comments like "oh god, how can you even think about having more kids" to "your home is over run by animals already!". I really have been hurt by some comments lately. Well, despite recent rain on my party, I'm absolutely happy with my families choices. I don't give a rat's keester if people 'approve' of our number of children or animals. I am completely and totally in love with them!
So, we're proud to announce we're the new adoptive parents of 2 bunnies!
Meet Peter and Daisy. These beautiful little bunnies came from the Idaho Humane Society. I am absolutely in love with them :)
Daisy is this little black ball of fur. She's 8 weeks old. She's still very skittish and hand shy but she and Peter are two peas in a pod that love to play together. Daunika came up with the name Daisy.
And this is Peter. Aurora has been really into the book The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter and when I asked what we should name our bunnies Aurora instantly yelled "Peter Rabbit". I am certain there are many many rabbits in the world named Peter. This little fluffy man is so friendly and relaxed! He loves to hop around and curl up and snuggle too. His happy hop is adorable!
And some of the funnest moments have been learning all about rabbits. We've got a whole bale of timothy hay for them, rabbit pellets, and a hutch for them. We have explored pet stores, local feed shops, and local ranch shops. I've talked to many people and learned a ton already! Our children really seem smitten with their new little pets and I'm glad.
We also went to the library and Daunika was so sweet when she asked the librarian about books about pet rabbits today. We brought home a couple books for us to read that are directed at childrens levels about rabbits.
We are loving our new additions and there is more than enough love to go around. Cheers!





No comments:
Post a Comment