What an amazing weekend! Living in Idaho has brought us so many pleasures and joyous moments, and this weekend really took it a step further. We camped a lot last year, and a few times the year before that but never had we just gone with our immediate family. WOW. It was absolutely stunning.
There is absolutely something to be said for the intimate space shared with our small family. It was great to not have technological distractions. No cell phone coverage, no DVDs, no computers. We explored together, played together. We enjoyed meals together, took lazy walks, and hung out. Damon and I got to have beautiful conversations late into the middle of the night by fireside and caught up on some reading we both wanted to do.
I'm almost speechless about the joy my heart feels after such a beautiful weekend. So heres some of the great moments captured when I remembered my camera!
This is the awesome dam someone had built. It was perfect because the normal creek was moving much too fast for us to safely feel the girls could be near it, but when we found this campsite off the road and next to this dam it was meant to be! The kids LOVED it and we felt great because they were safe!
Daunika enjoyed climbing all over the damn, and it included falling into the freezing water many times but she didn't care.
We spent so many hours throwing rocks into the water. It was great!
We went into the mountains without firewood! This is Daunika practicing her firewood chopping skills with our hatchet. It was so cute to watch her concentrate on her work and in the end feel proud of herself.
Damon was the fire master! I am so thankful because I'm not exactly great with fire. Oh the skills we're learning....
Check out all the wood my stellar husband collected! (ok, I helped. I had to remind him I was a girl scout and had some tricks up my sleeve for finding dead trees)
Aurora absolutely loved the freedom to stay up late and roam around.
And OF COURSE - we ended our first night with smores!!!!!!
Saturday was great because we decided to take it slow, play around our campsite, and they go exploring!!! This is a picture of my hikers :) Aren't they beautiful?
This is the view from the top of our hike. Invigorating!
Declan enjoyed skin to skin time with Daddy while we hiked. He was absolutely happy to go for the hike and enjoy relaxing and looking around.
And of course, this was hysterical. We took the girls mini potty to our site because it made them independent mostly. This is Aurora yelling at me that there was grass tickling her bottom. LOL
Our moose-man spent most of his days on me or hanging out with Dad. Can I just say how much I love Ergo carriers?
I love this. Daunika and I were enjoying some pretend play. This moment captured her up close and personal with the rocks.
Rocks? What is so great about rocks? Well, when you have toys - they are already assigned to something. A bird puppet rarely changes into something else. Its a bird already. But a rock - a rock can be anything and everything she wanted. We enjoyed playing hopscotch with rocks, they became shoes to her, and slippers. Then she shaped them into 'families' of rocks. It was absolutely inspiring to watch her take something so simple and create games for her and Aurora with rocks.
So rocks ROCK!
And what would camping be without some special treats? The girls were ALL over a box of wheat thins when I said they could absolutely have them. Why not? Life's too short not to enjoy wheat thins for lunch while in the middle of paradise.
Our stinkers :)
Moose-man did great! He was really a joy to sit back and enjoy. He slept great at night too!
The final day we were joined by our good friends Joe and Megan and their children and Joes parents. It was enjoyable to have the company, but I can say that I absolutely look forward to more time with my family of 5 in the middle of no where enjoying ourselves and our family.
Blessed are we.



















No comments:
Post a Comment