I've come to realize I'm not good with scheduled tasks. Maybe it's the gypsy in me that beckons to move, change, stir the pot too much to be confined to 'normal' life. Maybe someday my children will all wake up and need hours of therapy to process their childhood with an unconventional mother like ME (and according to some very close to me -everyone needs a therapist, so I guess we're covered then right?). Recently I read a blog that hit so close to home it nearly bowled me over.. Was there something to this meeting deadlines, being on time, and uh.. living on the worlds clock?
I have prayed, cried, laughed and been fuming mad about this interesting little blog that came my way recently... It's just one woman's position on a topic close to home. And maybe, someday, I'll come to love routine, scheduled tasks that take me on a new journey of discovery... but today, I am just thankful. I'm so very thankful for freedom. This free range home of ours is amazing. While everyone else was on someone elses clock - I got to run, play, laugh, and enjoy the wonder that are my children. I am so very thankful for this. Someday I will teach my children routines, deadlines and having their shit together - that world will absolutely hit them, and they will have the rest of their lives to understand it and live in it, so for now... I'll enjoy playing with them, for all too soon - they will out grow this small wonderful life with me and move on to tackle the great big world ahead of them. For now... I will play with them!
So what DOES happen when you let our kids loose in their own yard with a happy mama chasing them?
First there are the karate-like kicks....
We find balls to throw for Zoey...
There is enormous amounts of laughter.
It was windy.... there was a LOT of chasing balls
We really fell in love with our huge yard!!
Whatever can be said about our choices in life, this I know is true - We are one amazing happy family..

No comments:
Post a Comment