Nearly 2 months later, we're "mostly" moved in. With the exception of my office stuff, a few little things here and there, we really have moved in. This new place just suits us! I love it so much, my heart longs for it to be "mine". Never before have I wanted to own a place so much. I want to stay forever. But... for now, today is enough. I did realize something though - I am done holding back. Of not having the things that I want for our children and our marriage because "its not ours". Screw that. We're having animals. We're having a damn good time and really loving the space completely.
This new house stands out - you can't miss it. We're the bright white house with the BLUE tin roof!
This lovely home was built in 1944. When I simply take the time to sit in the sun and think of what 60+ years has brought this land, I stand in awe of the wonder that is life. I long to know who built the home. A family? A farmer and his new wife in hopes of a family? Were they rich and fancy? Or humble and hard working? Did they live a happy life? Yes - of that I'm sure. If these walls could talk, they would say many things, I will leave them with happy tales of our times here too!
Some new things we're learning about.... septic tanks, above-ground jet-pump wells, and well... this beast is fuel oil. That's how we heat this place!..... and yes, that's a chimney, but some idiot took out whatever it was attached to before us. Loser, I could really use a wood burnin' stove!!
I have a love-hate relationship with my kitchen....
And here's what I've realized.... My pictures tell a story - its VERY clear what we've been doing since we moved:
I let our children run with hammers... er, use hammers.
We lit stuff on fire.. and relaxed together after the kids went to bed :)
There was TREE CLIMBING!
HOURS spent enjoying the new (to us) trampoline!!
And of course, it wouldn't be home if Declan wasn't outside without pants or underwear exploring right?!
Yes... we're moving in quite nicely, outside. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment