I love our life. I really, truly, genuinely love my life with my husband and our children. Sure, I get burn out, overwhelmed and damn it - the third or forth time in a day that a tiny toy attacks my foot in the middle of the hall, yes I get mad! But I so love this life! It is not easy, glamorous or enviable. In fact, this morning while I was running late, feeling stressed and squawking at my husband that my life as a wife and mother was OH SO GLAMOROUS (note: this was while I was cleaning up a 2 year old who pooped allllllllll over the place!).
Despite the laundry sitting on my couch (which I have every intention on completely ignoring for a few more hours) and the dishes making babies in the kitchen - These small facts about my life are just a back drop. The real awe and wonder is the little things that make this home my whole life.
Like waking up in the morning after being out late with your mommy friends and finding this:
Or - the fact that homeschooling our children is pretty much the best thing in the world and my kid is a genius who lets me know when she's done.
Or this arrangement by Aurora. When I asked her what they were doing she said they were loving each other and being a family.
Then of course, there is the amazing fact that Kalani and Declan sleep at the same nap time in the middle of the afternoon allowing me much needed "big kid" time and "mommy down time"!!!
No really... it is a sanity saver.
Then of course... there is coffee.... glorious stuff.
Then... there is the little love of ours that I get to snuggle... all.day.long!
And she's uuber cute when she falls asleep in the lay-z-boy!
But mostly... the little things that remind me that this chaos I call my life is so non-chaotic are four beautiful children that want nothing more than me to dedicate my life to them. How humbling.
And who could say no to these monsters?
They are teaching me one very simple thing in life.......
To this I answer.... I'm listening!

No comments:
Post a Comment