Friday, May 18, 2012

First Time



I saw the above picture on Facebook this week and loved it. Aren't we always in pursuit of renewing ourselves and growing? I sure as hell know I am. Recently I went through a loss, not major, not minor, just a loss. It's not good, it's not bad either; It just is.

But it did make me think - how will I respond? Well, I'll tell you what I'm not going to do: I'm not going to cry about it, I'm not going to whine and whimper. I'm sure as shit not going to shrink or hide either! When I lost my childhood, I had to realize it wasn't good or bad, it just was. I didn't have a family to carry forward into my adulthood, really. But holding on to that mental "need" was like holding on to a knife - I hadn't realized it was cutting so deep until I let go and examined the wound.

Well - HERE I COME NEW LIFE!!! Woo hoo. Take a moment and recognize the sheer power God is gifting you in this moment - you can create whatever you want, this moment is yours. You inherently are powerful, you come from an amazing place that is pure and bliss.

So, what am I going to do now that I'm breathing new life? Well, let's see...

- Run a rototiller -
- Fall in love with whole foods -
- Reach out to the amazing friends I have -
- Capture something amazing and print in on canvas - 
- Collect eggs for the first time -
- Pray with a sincere faith -  
- Fall in love with living, again - 
- Date night, I'm going to need a new dress -

And to think, that is just this month! I cannot tell you how powerful I feel in this moment. To hold my head high, to bloom in this new soil, and know that there is no limit to the amount of wonder this world can offer me. To feel like a child and come into this space feeling new and refreshed.

This new version of me is going to be fabulous, I know it. The best version of me is still ahead... 



No comments:

Post a Comment