Sunday, November 28, 2010

It is OFFICIALLY Christmas season!

Since moving to Boise, we have went to the Festival of Trees every year. It is held at the same location, the same weekend, Thanksgiving weekend. It really 'kicks off' the season for me.The girls absolutely love going and looking at all the trees, mini-trees and wreaths. They had a blast! I think they really enjoy it more and more as they get older. We also got a special treat of watching Irish Dancing today too! 


This year was a bit bittersweet because this year, my darling husband did not get to come with us. As I sat there sitting with my three children, I began thinking about the loneliness that some stay at home moms must feel. Something so simple that I so often take for granted - My husbands presence. There is absolutely nothing more important to that man than our family, myself included :) I cannot imagine going back to hours apart, day in and day out. It made me oh so thankful that we have 'fallen' into this lovely path... God is good. Really good. Just slow down and listen - you're path is there, just look for it. 

The Festival of Trees would not be a day without pictures of course!!!!
 Enjoy 
 Notice the on-looker... our beautiful children attract many people saying what great kids we have... I agree!
 Well, at least MOOSE is smiling and looking!
 I loved this unique wreath. I may attempt to re-create it.
 I do believe Aurora is allergic to looking at the camera. Oh well, shes darn happy!!
 In front of Daunikas favorite wreath "the bubble one'
 This is my favorite, by far. Not because it was the 'prettiest' but because the sign says 'Our wishes for the children of the world'.... I loved the comments written. Food, Love, Shelter, Toys, Toys.... Oh so great.
 Super cute crayon tree!
 My pretty little girl :) I cannot believe she's headed to 3 soon!
This lovely little Moose LOVED getting to touch everything. Oh what a hoot he is to watch!!


 Giant presents? OH yes! I want to line my driveway with these!! Seriously. Hmmmmmmm.
 Despite all these pictures of my children... there were trees there too. who knew? LOL






I hope the beginning of your holiday season is going beautifully!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, what a nice hat Moose is wearing! Good to see him getting some good use out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so adorable! and so are your kids. Im going nuts over here with my 2 lil boys, wishing I had a girl as well so I could put her in cute dresses like that!

    ReplyDelete