Monday, November 1, 2010

Sahaim, Halloween and Dia de Los Muertos Celebrations!

Blessed Sahaim Everyone!! 

I love 'Halloween' for so many reasons. I've always celebrated Sahaim, as I do with most celtic/pagan holidays. They are tied to our Earth and I have a deep respect for mother nature. This year we did so many festitivites. I'll explain them one by one with pictures!

First was our homeschool co-op Halloween Party! The kids absolutely love being part of a homeschool co-operative. It's critically important to me as well. We are not alone as homeschoolers. In fact, theres a massive community of us in Idaho!!

This is dressing up at co-op
My daughters went as gypsies. Mostly it was an excuse to wear pretty flow-y dresses that are my skirts and once a year make up. They were STOKED!!

And Moose.. well, he went as himself this year :)

Looks complicated to tie, but it worked out perfectly!

This is the "nursery" age... Aurora enters the preschool class in December.
And heres Daunikas "Starters" class... which is kindergarten/1st graders

The kids had a great time seeing their friends all dressed up!

Friday night we went to an LDS trunk-or-treat with our best friends. The kids and I had a BLAST! Heres me and the girls with our Gypsy Make up!! Oh so fun :)

Moose and me outside at the trunk-or-treat
Moose was so happy... man, Damon and I make some seriously perfect children!!!!!!!
And all of us together (my darling husband was working, but did join us Sunday for T&T'ing)

Saturday we celebrated Sahaim and Dia de Los Muertos. We talked about loved ones past, the cycle of life, and harvest ending. Sahaim is the celebration of the end of harvest, the beginning of the 'darker half' of the year. Everything has a cycle in life, we honor that in this home.

Sunday, we did a good, old fashion, Trick or Treating!!
Our girls at a neighbors.... they gots LOTS of loot!




I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment