One of my favorite things to do each new year is look at a photo of each of my children 1 year apart from the time it was taken. I've blogged this for the last several years - here we go!
This is Daunika December of 2011.
And this December... As it turns out, Daunika is often photographed while doing something. She rarely likes to look at the camera and is usually buried behind a book.
Aurora has changed in leaps and bounds. Such a lovely young lady we have. This is Dec 2011
And Dec 2012...
Declan :) Dec 2011
And of course, last December we welcomed Kalani
And our 1 year old now...
What a difference a year can make!
We moved this past year... and vowed to never again live in a subdivision or try to be in that box that strangled us to death. I love the liberty and freedom to rise up and do what is best for us. I loved my subdivision lifestyle when I had it, and then it wasn't right for us anymore. We are just renting this lovely home for now and are already plotting where we'll wonder next with more land!
We decided life was too short not to own a trampoline!
We sat and watched a few sunsets in peace
I learned to back up a trailer! Actually, once you get it, it's not that hard at all.
Forts and tents were built. Siblings bonded. Life rolled steadily.
So, here's to an amazing 2012! I hope each of us grew, changed, stretched and reached for the sky. Life is too amazing to not go for it.
Every year I try and set some goals..... This year, I will do it again!
I want to try again at being the best version of me. To constantly grow, change, move forward, strive for nothing short of excellence. To life up those around me, to stand on the shoulders of the giants in my life to reach higher, to learn to listen to the Spirit, to bring up my children with joy and dedication. To laugh and love and commit to giving more than I ever had.
I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment