Daunika turned 7 this month and in our homestead tradition, on the actual day of her birth we let our kiddos decorate a cake ANY WAY THEY WANT! This year was a tad nuts though. Our well was frozen, we lived without running water for days. This was the first year I bought a cake for her to decorate, but hell would have to freeze over before I would miss this tradition. The day was saved by Monica & Kurt bringing us dinner and we were thrilled to share with them a piece of yummy cake :)
Here is Daunikas creative process and her lovely cake!
There might not be enough on there... add some more right?
And a few weeks later, we had a fantastic, simple, relaxing fun-filled party for her, Little House on the Prairie Themed (her choice!)
Here's a peak into our decorations:
We set up "Penny Candies" in mason jars, but I forgot to find pennies so it was a free for all :) This idea came from Little House in the Big Woods when Laura gets to go to the mercantile with her father.
Next up, we had popcorn! And other snacks, but the popcorn balls were especially chewy and hysterical because Damon and I had never made them before and we made them so they glued your mouth shut almost. Whoops. Oh well, the kids loved them! And we had traditional butter & salt popcorn! In Farmer Boy, they pop corn as a treat!
Each girl had a bonnet and apron. Daunika worked diligently at marking 10 aprons. They were awesome and she was so proud of herself!
The girls had a great time. Paper dolls, finger knitting, coloring pages and of course - cake and ice cream!
What a great theme. I'm so glad she chose it!
No comments:
Post a Comment