Well, the mostly, almost there, sometimes chaotic, very real, totally messy, utterly fantastic life.
In the wake of my 26th birthday, I sit and reflect as people speed by living the 'young life' how did this creep up on me?! When did people start being adults and younger than me? Holy shit! Now, I'm not saying I feel old by any stretch.. but more so, I feel established. It's not anything to gloat, just a fact that feels of great comfort to me. To reach out to someone who might be re-establishing or trying something for the first time to uplift them in the newness.
Last night I sat up late with a good friend who asked me a pretty simple question - how did I learn to be a mother? Holy heck, I have no idea. I figured out what not to do, yet fall short and sometimes do those things I shouldn't. Oh, how funny life is when something simple has to wondering about your path in life.
Things around here are zooming by at lightning speed. I rarely knit, I don't have time to blog, I don't have time to do much but BE. For so long my dear blog has sat as a beacon of light to me, a place of public introspection and reflection. A place to share my joy. My sorrow. My vulnerability in hopes to take away it's power of misunderstanding. But, I rarely have time these days! Perhaps I should reevaluate... when I have time. LOL
So, what in the heck are we doing around here? Hmmm...
Capturing snapshots on my phone as I just sit with kiddos in my lap.
Watching the creative process that a train set invokes in Declan!
Finding all my girls on the TOP bunk of the bunk beds... Ah. Heart attack. Had to explain why Lani cannot be up on the top bunk.
Seeing our big kid lose her 4th tooth.... but instead of losing it - she pulled it out!
Oh so much to say..... but alas, homestead calls. Laundry to fold and baby to rock to sleep. Onward I go :)



No comments:
Post a Comment