Thursday, November 10, 2011

A week of balance

Sometimes, when things are hard - it's important to narrow your scope and focus. 
Even when you feel your at the bottom of a really big mountain.... 
There is usually a path for you. 


These past months have been hard. We've learned incredible amounts about ourselves, the people around us, business growing pains, and what it feels like to be too busy. Sometimes it feels like a massive tug-a-war of wills and ways. Which path to take to get to top? Why can't that path be lit? What if I can't make it? So much to evaluate every step. 

One of the most important things we've held on to the whole way - We are nothing without those we love. All the work in the world, the money, the cars, the clothes, it's all just shit. I mean, well, I suppose it's pretty cool shit sometimes, but at the end of the day, it means nothing if you are alone. That pay check can never hold you - it does however keep you and your family warm and fed! 

Balance is key. 

So what did I do this week to balance?

I looked up at the sky from my front porch. 

I knit a hat for ME this time!

I made and shared baked goods with my hungry family. 

I cleaned, I worked. 

I grew life and supported it completely.

I witnessed a lot of snuggles! 

Even more snuggles...

There were a few moments of simple relaxation even!

Not as balanced as I'd like, but darn close. Now, if we could add in a lot more husband, a bit more social time, and maybe clean my own house - we'd be perfect? 
Ha. Who needs perfect. 

I hope you all are having a balanced week!

No comments:

Post a Comment