Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Festival of Trees 2011

6 years and the tradition stands strong. Every year after Thanksgiving is celebrated - sometime over the weekend to 'kick off' the Christmas season for our little family we hit the Festival of Trees. It's a fundraiser for St. Alphonsus (local hospital) and displays amazing pieces of art work they dub christmas trees.

With our crazy schedules these past few months, we've seen very little of Damon. He is working so amazingly hard for our family right now so I can have time to dedicate to our little ones and grow this next little one. Literally sun up to sun down he has been gone. So, in our sincere amazement and genuine heart felt JOY - He spent ALL of Sunday with us. Thinking about it literally brings tears to my eyes. The simplicity of my husbands presence with us is so calming, fun, silly, great, amazing, solid and awesome that I just cannot describe how great it felt to spend all day together as a family!!! 


Like every year (see previous blog postings, there's plenty!) - this means lots of pictures!!

Our beautiful daughters fit perfectly with this red and white lovely creation at the beginning of the day.

And who doesn't love a whimsical fun and funky tree full of PENGUINS?!


One of my favorite parts of going to the festival of trees is seeing the many different ways to 'top' a tree. I love how creatively they all match the rest of the tree.

I really loved this all-green tree (minus the phones and keyboards promoting the company sponsoring it). It was so vibrant!

And the really traditional colors of this spoke to me too...

This was Daunika's favorite wreath.






........ to be continued. 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been in forever! When does it end? I would love to go when I come and visit Idaho tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete