Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Festival of Trees 2011 part 2

You didn't think that was all the pictures right? Ha. Have I mentioned someday they might have to pry the camera out of my hand long after I pass away? :)

Last year they reorganized the kid area - this year it matched but unlike last year, this year it was overcrowded and we decided not to stay to color our usual ornaments or get stamps for the kids.  But I did manage to snap some quick photos of our kids briefly in the kids area

Aurora liked that the bears moved and Declan was not at all too sure about them. He made sure not to touch any of them.

But - he did touch candy. In fact, he was the last to get a candy cane yet somehow managed to gobble his down faster than his sisters. Silly kid!

I missed getting a picture of Daunika's favorite part - Watching the Irish Dancers on stage. Daunika has been taking Irish dance lessons for a couple months now and is absolutely proud of herself. Though sometimes it's hard when Ballet is so common and hip hop leaks in everywhere. We really wanted her to have a traiditonal dance style compared to some overly sexualized dancing... So watching others perform on stage in dances she knew, moves she could mimic, was absolutely wonderful!! At one point during the dancers jig she leaned over and said 'Mom!! They are doing skip-2-3's, I can do those too!!" I loved watching her connect her world with theirs. Fabulous indeed.

After the festival of trees, we were all super hungry. We decided to treat ourselves to mexican food and it was tasty!!

The girls gobbled down chips while we waited for our food to cook and we learned that Moose really loves salsa! He wasn't interested in dipping his chips in bean dip - only salsa. Which is really ironic because he then went on to eat a bowl of bean dip with a spoon. LOL

And of course, there's the cheap thrill that a straw can bring to a tired boy when he realizes it squeaks when you pull it out.


It was an amazing day. I love our family so much. I'm so glad we can give our kids our own 'traditions' every year to look forward to and enjoy our time together so much. I'm pretty sure I'm ready to take down all our fall decorations and decorate for Christmas now!!!

Worry not... pictures will come as we set up our own tree soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment