Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Five Years and a Tea Party!

Five years is entirely too long to live without a Tea Party! 

Little lovely Daunika, our dear oldest child, is now FIVE! There is so much I could say about the wonderful moments these five years have brought us. I could babble about all the things she's learned, that she's growing up so quickly.. I can tell you that anyday. 

But instead of reflecting on how much she's grown, I have looked at how much she's taught me.
How could I have known that compassion, love, joy, pain, fear, silliness, laughter, and so much more would come from such tiny beings. Isn't being a parent amazing? When I look at myself and my darling husband, I see ourselves reflected back in the actions of our littles. 



Wow. Thats a scary thought! 
Oh wait, I do suppose that means we've done a few things right too. 

Our darling baby girl, our little love, We so love you. 
Thank you for teaching me so much.

 Now, LETS PARTY!!! 

In true Huberty Family tradition, on the day of the kiddos birthday, they get there very own cake to decorate ANY WAY THEY WANT! This year, it was a massive mess of M&Ms and sprinkles. She loved it!
And of course, cake is no fun without our family to share it with. The actual day of her birthday is only to be shared with family - and that includes this special little man in Daunikas life. They are so close. 
But we cannot just stop there. Oh no. 

WE MUST HAVE A TEA PARTY!
These are the lovely invitations for the party
Just a few kids to invite :) Looking at those, I am so happy my baby has so many great friends!

And in preparation for a party....... this mama has lots of work to do. 




Yep.... It's about midnight, the day before the party and my husband was about to head out to play raquet ball.... Yes, at midnight. LOL

 Hat decorating with a million stickers? YES! 
 Yummy Lunch. 
 Pass the tea pot. Its like musical chairs mashed with hot potato... oh my. 
 Our DJ 
 Blowing out candles on her cupcake in her tea cup. Oh so sweet. 
 Hugs with friends, thanking them for their gifts!! 
 Oh yes. 
 We have created a 5 year old Diva. 

Save me. 

All in all, what an amazing little lady we have. She had a wonderful and relaxed birthday that was fun, calm, and she shared it with fabulous friends. I look forward to what 5 year old knowledge will teach me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment