Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring Spring Spring!


Oh oh oh. I love Spring.

Truth be told, I actually love all seasons. Growing up in such a wet and rainy area, I didn't realize what I missing out on until 9 years ago when we decided to be weird and move to Idaho. At first, I hated the changes. I wasn't used to them. Now, I love them. It's amazing how your body begins to long for the sunshine and warmth in the midst of winter and then in the fall, you long for hearty soups, fireplaces and snuggling. It's really fascinating!

Around here, we're enjoying Spring!

Kalani enjoyed her first egg hunt. Every year we do one Easter egg hunt with dear friends. It's a good time for the kids and great fellow shipping with yummy foods and great conversations! 

We've also spent time prepping our garden area. Early in the morning after spreading several yards of manure, Damon got up and rototilled this awesome area. We're hoping to have a rocking garden this year!

My AWESOME brother and his lovely wife welcomed their first child 2 weeks ago. Athena is a tiny peanut and I am enjoying snuggling a tiny babe on Monday nights for family potluck! 

Warm weather always brings the loading up on all veggies!! Last week we ate 3 bunches of spinach, 1 head of lettuce, 4 bunches of bananas, 10 lbs of apples, 7 bell peppers, 3 heads of cauliflower, and 5 pounds of carrots. Can I tell you how excited I am to be growing a GARDEN again?! We eat amazing amounts of veggies. 

I'll be the first to admit I have absolutely no idea what my husband and girls are doing in this picture. I snapped it because it shows our typical life! I was cooking pancakes and looking out the window and saw our kiddos with shovels and my husband out there digging to his hearts contentment. Leveling the ground by hand? Sounds fun right?! 

I drove 170 miles round trip to bring 1000 lbs of chicken food home. I've been frustrated with my options in the valley for GMO free feed. What's so interesting to me is that people will rave all about their healthy chickens and fresh eggs, but are feeding them cheap chicken food that has gmo corn and gmo wheat and worse, some of the cheap brands directly add in "fillers" that just makes me want to hurl thinking about it! So, I was thrilled to post up on facebook a group run to Wieser Idaho for GMO FREE chicken feed!! I came home with 1000 lbs of feed. WHOO HOOO!!!! 

This weekend we watched the LDS General Conference. It was a wonderful experience for us as a family to unify ourselves to slow down this weekend and rest after a hectic week and another one right around the corner! 
We printed some little work books for the kids. We sat around, listened, enjoyed, reflected, colored, ate, and then for Sunday afternoon we joined some wonderful people in the ward for lunch and watching conference with them! It was great :)

We're carrying on around here indeed, I love Spring! What are YOU doing this Spring!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment