We begin our day together. Unified. No two days ever exactly look the same but our mornings include a variety of activities such as snuggling in bed (this usually means a giant dog pile that crushes all important organs, but who cares?!) Damon and I are polar opposites in snuggling. He could have all of us sit on him and snuggle forever. I can NOT stand to be squished long. I'm always the first to jump out of bed... Damon mosies out of bed. We start a pot of coffee, or a pot of tea, and usually tackle some dishes. We feed kiddos, sit together in the comfort of our couch or in the sun shine outside. We slow down before the day begins because we understand that the moment that it starts, we don't get another chance to truly BE.
This morning I got up and worked out a bit before waking my dear husband. When I checked in to see where everyone was... this was what I found in my bed. Pretty darn perfect huh?
Daunika has been enjoying having junk food for breakfast this week. Usually it's something more than cereal, but these past few weeks are seeming like a complete blur to me and I admit that the break from cooking every meal is much needed right now.
This was us this morning. Our nifty big-kid snapped this for me <3
And how I ended my morning.... In the sunshine with kids running around me and loud music while hula hooping? Pretty much perfection!
Thanks for sharing the beauty of just BEing!
ReplyDelete