Whoops.. meant to post this last week, but well, ya know. LIFE happen instead :)
Easter was the first day of our 'girls' in their new home. It's still in need of nesting boxes, but while they are young, they don't need them quite yet.
My lovely husband and awesome brother made us this:
Lately, I've been searching all sorts of coop designs, and prebuilt ones to buy - and one thing was clear, they were made for the humans and were expensive. People spent so much money on the outside, yet would ignore things like roosting sticks for the birds! Well, our little house was neither built for us nor expensive. That nifty brown box in the back of the barn cost me a whole 10.34 :)
Hinges for the top for quick and easy ventilation.
Door to open easily for the kids - its Daunika's job to feed them every morning.
11 happy ladies :)
Now...... Our girly daughters were thrilled when I told them they could paint the coop. Any color they wanted, any designs. They got to work instantly.
They painted the blue siding first. It stayed bare for several days and Daunika was insistant that the coop needed chickens painted on the side! I showed them the marvel of spray paint then...
I did do two of the clouds, and the tree outline... but otherwise, our AWESOME KIDS DID THIS!!!!!
According to Daunika, the black house is a chicken coop - and it needed a blue door and a blue roof. The tree has "a roosting swing". And 4 little chicks all painted by our amazing girls. I'm so proud of them!
And worry not - they are proud of themselves too.
No comments:
Post a Comment