But, let's face it.... We are hardly rolling in the dough. We do however believe firmly in using the resources available to us, and that means looking at our stuff! On this property there is an old barn, not exactly the safest building but it does indeed serve a purpose! But our chickens didn't need a whole barn to themselves, and we're filling it up to the brim. However, instead of building a whole coop - we retrofitted a corner of the barn to house them. It literally cost us 10 dollars and change - the cost of 4 hinges.
A month ago - our chicks looked like this... Such tiny little fluff balls still.
Seriously fun little fluff balls! This one is Georgia.
Getting to the awkward teenage stage. Silly looking birds.
Here comes the transformation of the barn! This is the back corner that wasn't really being used, it's the perfect size.
My awesome brother cutting scrap wood!
I love this picture... GIANT air nail gun. This is fabulous... but I can tell you, I didn't know we owned this even!
Woo hoo... I'ts coming together.
And our little man was SO thrilled to run around with a hammer... and a mini sledge hammer he kindly dropped on my foot!
But alas - Easter morning dawned and the chickies had spent their first full night outside and were happy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment