Friday, December 16, 2011

Life around here

I cannot believe half of December is gone already! Our lives seem to be moving in super speed these days and we've had some wonderful 'normal' moments this month. We are finding balance between work and family time more than we had in previous months, which means we've seen more of my fantastic hubby. Here's a peek into what the first half of December brought us..

Declan continued being himself. This picture captures it perfectly. He is sitting in a bucket of things I was sorting through, and as if that's not enough, he has a yellow bucket of scissors in his lap that he proceeded to dump out then run away from. This kid is a full time cleaning job all by himself.

A really special and slightly complicated crafty project was started for me. I knew that I would go past my 'due date' and people would begin to bug me about it. To remedy needing an outlet that was focusing my energies - I started a project with these!

We hosted a super fabulous play date the day after my 'due date' to have friends come over and celebrate just being friends. The best part? No one expected me to be anything more than just pregnant. No one wanted to know when I was going to be done or what I was going to do about it. We all just hung out and relaxed. Well... sort of. Moose had issues being nice and sharing so I wore him on me for awhile. A fabulous friend thought to snap a picture of it! I'm so glad she did. I often forget these "normal" moments. Of course I was due to have a baby any moment and I found NO issue wearing my 27 lb toddler on my back. I love wearing him - and clearly he hates it. LOL

There were perfect moments of casual fun as we bunkered down and cleaned our home in prep for our baby coming!

Lots of books were read !

And a whole new chapter of our lives came for the second half of December!

No comments:

Post a Comment