Monday, July 25, 2011

Swim Lessons 2011

Ahhh.... has it really been another year? This year both of our girls were in swim lessons. It was a great experience for them and I'm so glad we did it. This is Daunika's third year in lessons and Aurora's first year. They both were so excited everyday to get up and go for two weeks. They were not happy about no lessons on Saturday and Sunday though. It was quite sweet.

It was an eventful two weeks. I was called away to attend a birth Monday and our dear friend Megan took our kids to lessons with her kids for me. Apparently Declan did not take to the idea that HE wasn't getting lessons and went into the pool fully clothed on the steps. He was safe, just wet. I was sad to miss the first day of swim lessons... and as it turns out, I missed Tuesday too!

Tuesday Damon went and the girls were genuinely thrilled that Daddy went. They told me all about it - it was so cute. Well, Declan once again decided he was going to go swimming... but this time, he didn't just sit on a step. While the story is fuzzy and I wasn't there - the basics were a baby falling in and a fully clothed daddy jumping in to grab him. He wasn't harmed in any way and wasn't in long at all, but it was a story everyone talked about the rest of the week. I've got to say - I love my husband completely. I heard it was pretty inspiring to see him just react - not think, just DO. He did have his phone in his pocket and luckily, it appears to work! The LED flashlight/light doesn't work, but overall we were lucky... but both of us agree that the phone was the last thing anyone cared about compared to Declan!

I got to watch the rest of swim lessons and it was great seeing my children blossom. The first week they were water shy, especially getting it in their faces or with Ms Kate letting go of them to swim. By Tuesday of the second week, Daunika decided she was "Ms Courageous" and was going to be "dedicated" (man I love this kids vocab explosion!!!). She jumped in the water fully without hesitation and swam AWESOME that day! She can fully doggy paddle and it's so cool to watch the joy in her eyes as she realizes she is swimming! Aurora was so scared to jump in the water but by the end, she was jumping in while holding a hand and went all the way under. wooohooo!!

I'm so proud of my kids! Enjoy the pictures :)

Ice cream scoop arms!! 
Red light, Green light kicking... this is furiously green light racing I believe.
Well.... One minute she's standing there....
And then.... SPLASH!
Aurora practicing her 'ice cream scoop arms'
Aurora did not appreciate back floats at all, but she did well!!
And of course - our Moose - his shirt says "Life Guard in Training"
Happy Summer!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment