Saturday, July 16, 2011

Camping!

2 posts ago, I said I was headed to the mountains..... and I did exactly that. Monday June 20th - Daunika, Aurora, Declan, Zoey (our dog) and myself loaded up our suburban and headed to the hills... Now, I can't claim I'm some great pioneer of womanly strength, my darling husband helped my load Betty (the name of our suburban) and Megan and her 3 children were heading up too...



It took about 13 million years to get out of town, but fuck we finally made it to highway 21 and all the nerves settled away. Blaring radio, all windows open, full sunshine...... damn near perfection. The only missing piece was my amazing husband who stayed behind to work so hard for us so we could take moments like this. Thank you Damon!!!

There were wonderful times spent with friends, great moments when Damon arrived unannounced and spent the nights with us, it was all around a absolutely wonderful time. What could possibly make it better?

Knowing that we're going again soon!!! Enjoy the pictures :)


Here's Rosie, Aurora, Daunika and Josh all gathered around the "breakfast table". All bundled up, though it wasn't  too cold at night, the mornings were chilly.

Here's our best friend Megan as Damon relaxes while holding her youngest Sadie (notice the little green feet poking outta his lap) and Megans middle child Rosie :) Megan is talking all about buying a new house for her awesome family!!


As previously mentioned in another blog, it is IMPOSSIBLE to take a picture of one of our daughters without the other popping out of no where. So cute :)


We love campfires... I wish Declan was awake for this awesome picture, because he has a pair of baby Keens to match all ours - but alas, here's the 4 of us warming our toes by the fire!


One of the best things about the camping spot we found was this great area for kids to play in the water. The creek we're next to was very fast, but this was a stream off of the creek. It offered shade and sand and water. Oh the FUN!



It was amazing. We got there on a Monday - BEST time to go camping. There was no one there! It was awesome. About Wednesday another person showed up but pretty far away, by Friday night I was ready to leave, it started getting really busy with people flowing in. We'll plan on camping Monday-Friday from now on. GOODNESS I LOVE NOT HAVING A JOB! Ahhhhhhhhhh. Genius. Damon was able to come up in the evenings, He's taken off days where our two crew members just go out and work, just frickin fabulous. I know great things are to come more and more....


I really want to go camping now! Must be patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment