Thursday, August 5, 2010

What is the point?

Has anyone studied the human teenage gene that makes them lie? I mean, it's a broad spectrum disorder apparently. If I am neither the mother nor in any position to do anything about the lies being told, what in the hell is the point of lying to ME?

I'm so totally and completely distraught over the state of my family. Not just my lying teenage siblings. I always expect it from both of them - for very different reasons. One is compulsive and does so without regard to others. The other does so because they don't want to disappoint people. Both are breaking my effin heart.

It's not just them.... or not just them alone. I'm upset that my grandpa died last week, and my sister found out she's pregnant the same week. I'm upset that my mom is aging badly. She can't seem to do anything for herself and it's killing me. I'm desperately sad for my children and a family they'll never know. I'm angry at my husbands family for all sorts of reasons. I'm furious that I feel helpless and cannot change anyone - but myself.

So how do you heal when you're mourning? How do you mourn what is not dead, what is not alive, but is the realization that our family is completely and totally broken in so many ways?

I'm totally NOT happy about the state of my 'extended' family today.

I'm feeling miserable. I'm sure many blogs will follow as I work this out. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment