Friday, August 27, 2010

Everyone needs cookies once in awhile !

Life has been extremely busy these past couple weeks. I feel like I've been chasing around life and I haven't caught up for a moment. Yesterday, I caught up. Sure, there are dishes still to be done, laundry to be folded. My back yard needs mowed and my kids school work boxes are not completed. But I caught up with my kids. I got to do nothing but be mom! No work, no clients. Nothing but happiness. Damon was home all day too! It was FABULOUS.

Dishwasher was going, breadmaker was finishing off a loaf of whole wheat.... and we decided it was time to make COOKIES! Now cookies are not cookies unless two little girls 'help' by measuring, spilling, re-measuring,  stirring, spilling some more, licking fingers, spilling, taste testing more and maybe cooking them. LOL It's a blast actually. I hope I captured it well.


And since I'm feeling all generous with my recipes lately......... Enjoy!!

  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup peanut butter, crunchy
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup oatmeal
  • handful of chocolate chips if you like :)

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • In a large bowl, cream together shortening, margarine, brown sugar, white sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the oats until just combined. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until just light brown. Don't over-bake. Cool and store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment