Aside from our fun missing water fiasco, life around here is amazing. Here's a peak into typical life around here.
Aurora has really fallen in love with doing puzzles. This little one was 300 pieces and very very challenging. I think puzzles are great for her because she can concentrate, doesn't need to talk a lot and in the end she is very proud of her accomplishment. She's independently doing 100 piece puzzles, this 300 piece one Mom's help was called in :)
Our trampoline mat was in serious need of replacing. This past winter holes went from barely there to holes I could fit through! The new mat arrived a day before our home warming BBQ, and like usual for this season, I knew my dear husband had a million things on his list of things to do and this didn't need to be one of them. However, I seriously underestimated the strength of those darn springs. It took me an hour, but I WON! Holy crap, that was tricky. I got pinched and had to undo and redo springs but I did it! YAY! And yes, my arms and shoulders totally felt sore the next day. Some people go to the gym... I do weird work outs like argue my new trampoline mat into submission. :)
We're enjoying a bounty from our gardening efforts already! This was our first year to do strawberries and so far, these plants are so prolific! The kids are thrilled and I am too :) Not only strawberries but we harvested our first raspberries this year too (they were planted two months ago). OH SO EXCITING!
Canning season has begun here. I took the kids to a local berry farm and we picked raspberries. It was a great time and who can complain when there is fresh raspberry jam to enjoy?!
It was so much fun that we are headed back to the berry ranch today for blueberries. I'm hoping for about 30 lbs or so of blueberries. I'd like to make some blueberry syrup for pancakes and freeze a bunch for smoothies too.
Aurora isn't the only one who loves puzzles. Kalani likes to do everything that Aurora does. If Aurora likes it, Kalani will want to like it too. This little one is Aurora's shadow!
THIS IS A BEFORE PICTURE.
AFTER!!!!
We filled our trailer (literally, above the top of it!!) with old tires, old paint, a barrel of what we think was diesel from this property. It feels so CLEAN.
Damon thinks it's really funny that I photo-document everything... well, why not?! I'm sure his Mom seeing this will love his face of laughter as he sits on a huge trailer full of junk. LOL
We're a whole heck of a lot closer to our property master plan compliments of my AMAZING mother in law!!! She asked what we wanted for a house warming gift. One of the trees we didn't get that we really wanted was a peach tree (budget factored into us buying two apples and a cherry this spring in the middle of buying a house - saving for that down payment).... And I got an email two days ago saying there was a gift certificate at our favorite local organic nursery... A huge one. Oh man. Damon and I are scheming and planning and over the moon excited. The kids have already called they want an apricot tree, Damon wants peaches, I want elderberry bushes... We'll likely plant grapes too.
More to update on but for now, kids are awake and life calls!






No comments:
Post a Comment