Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Exploring: Valley Ride Bus System

Several years ago in Seattle, my darling family decided to enjoy a day with Grandma Leslie (my husbands mom) and we took the bus system. It was a great day. We explored Pike Place Market, little shops and fun stuff - but that day, Daunika did not remember anything but the BUS! Ever since that trip, she has wanted to ride on the bus system again.

Boise hasn't had a great bus system long. It's fairly new and I'm not the most familiar with buses - in fact, I found it a bit unnerving thinking about taking my kiddos by myself on a bus trip when I don't have a lot of experience with routes and all that jazz. But surprisingly, it came back quickly and I remember loving riding the bus when I was younger myself.

Yesterday we decided to spur of the moment take the bus down town. Originally we had planned to take the bus to our Nature Walk Tuesday - our science exploration this year, but instead we decided to join Damon for a trip to city hall! He needed to go down to city planning again and we decided to tag along :)


We drove down not far at all and waited for our bus!



We sat at the very back of the bus and the kids were thrilled!!! 



Exploring City Hall was pretty fun too! 


Fabulous picture of toddler wearing :) 

Going inside! 

Why must my kid find the most dangerous thing in the plaza to gravitate to? 

Much better!



And a picnic lunch on the steps of city hall before we catch the bus home. Fun!! 

On the way home we learned - don't eat on the bus, whoops. And Moose slept like a baby the whole way home!


It was fantastic and I can't wait to do it again. I think using our bus system will be a regular thing. I want our kids to become familiar with it and utilize it as they gain independence. My husband and I both were allowed to ride the city buses at young ages (compared to driving age), and we are confident our children will be doing the same! 

I am already planning where to go next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment