I really love watching Daunika (and her friend Josh!) become SO confident in the water. Daunika doesn't go to the 'baby pool' anymore - unless its to warm up (its heated). She loves to SWIM and to really swim you need deeper water.
Aurora isn't ready to jump in the big pool yet when its deep
But loves the safety of Dad's arms and enjoys the big pool!
Declan seems completely fearless. He falls in, face first, dunks himself completely and seems un-phased mostly.
The older Moose gets, he totally looks like Damon. I love this fact!
Aurora loves the little slides, they are perfect sized for kids!
And the splash is always fun to watch!
But it never fails... I hear the "brrrrrrrrrrrrrr" from my kids by the end. So sweet.
More than just swimming and special 'summer' things... we're really enjoying just being US.
Aurora found her camera again, and Dad gave her new batteries... I dont think she set it down for days. Very sweet.
Here is Daunika, in her full sized bed, sprawled out in every way possible
And on the twin mattress - here's my two snuggle bugs. Aurora and Declan are far more cuddly than Daunika and I love to think of all their differences. Gosh I love our kids.
Daunika may not be cuddly - but she absolutely has a heart of gold. She wrote her sister a letter and a picture of me and her together. :)
And in case you didn't know - It is impossible to make a bed when a naked baby thinks its hysterical to crawl into it the very moment your all done!
In Huberty baby #4 news - We are still moving ahead with planning a home birth. Though there was a recent movement of some of the midwives in the practice we've chosen that have made me extremely unnerved, I'm still confident that ultimately their clinical skill is simply a back up plan to the unfailing trust Damon and I have in my ability to birth flawlessly without complications. (While this is our first home birth, this will be our third child not born in a hospital, only Daunika was born in a hospital). This is the first time we are planning on not finding out the gender of our baby either - and no, I really don't want to know. It feels so right waiting. We are peaceful and it seems so natural to add another baby to our home. I'm not at all anxious, nervous, or anything but patient and happy.
In the coming weeks, We can look forward to tons more swimming, then the fair and the hot air balloon events! Woo hoo.
I love summers in Idaho.
No comments:
Post a Comment