Thursday, June 16, 2011

Random mumbling of happy children!

Messy Fingers

© Debra S. Higginbotham

Sticky fingers, tangled hair,
scattered crayons, everywhere.
Fancy artwork on the wall 
drawn by midgets three feet tall.
Tell me why  and tell me how '
that was mine  I want it NOW!
Fix my bike. Buy me gum.
If you have it, I want some.
Dirty faces, grass-stained knees,
learning words  like pretty please.
Endless hugs & goofy wet kisses,
learning respect with 'Mr.' & 'Mrs.'
Scraped-up hands, from falling down.
Tender tugs - - on my night gown.
Need more paper  for Santa's letter?
I wasn't so bad but I've been better.
Watching a movie  again and again 
Mommy, please put the tape back in.
Messy fingers hair gone wild 
all in the life of a precious child !!


Ahhh.... the joyous moments of life all around us. June has been productive, flying by so quick, and yet at a pace that is so sweet and enjoyable! We have stopped to admire baby ducks in the ponds, we've went to the Zoo, had picnics, and all the while, I have not had my camera!! That is a SERIOUS mishap!


But I did capture some moments!
WHY must my silly son think that sitting ON the table is an acceptable practice? Oh yes... because his lovely dad left his chocolate milk on the table. Declan was silent and chugging it as fast as he could when I captured this moment. Silly kid!


Did you know, I can almost never snap photos of just one of my girls? Its almost as if they are one child in two bodies. I'll try to snap a quick photo of Aurora and Daunika will quickly sit down in the photo. So precious!! 


Ahhh.... look at those EYES? Big brown eyes that make you a sucker for him all the time. He is really getting to look like a bigger kid too. 


Daunika and Aurora are definitely girls. Glamour dresses to play in the dirt outside? Absolutely. Don't forget the lip gloss..... Sigh. They grow so fast!


Speaking of growing.... I am indeed growing out of all my normal clothes now! at 15 weeks along in this pregnancy, this is by far the soonest to be out of my normal jeans. We had our prenatal appt and yet again we couldn't find a heart beat. Damon was there this time and was so positive and calm about our hidden baby. Both of us felt very confident that our baby was perfect and healthy but just hiding! I had to come back later in the day to get blood drawn and my favorite midwife at this practice came in and asked if I wanted her to try to find a heart beat.... sure enough, there was that beautiful little thump thump thump in there! What a beautiful sound. I wish Damon could have been there, but instead, our kids were there and excited about it!




These next pictures from yesterday were fantastic!! Did I mention I love zoom on my camera? I loved watching Moose really really try to keep up with Aurora. She obviously has the ability and agility to enjoy more features of this park than him, but you'd never suggest he wasn't having the time of his life following her!

 I mean, he was REALLY determined! So cute.

And during this time... Where did my big girl go? On her own quest.
 Somewhere between last year and this year, she has learned to LOVE swinging. Independence is a beautiful thing for Daunika. She enjoys the ability to control life!
 It amazes me that she never gets discouraged by the task of starting. These are not little swings. These are very tall, very big swings that she tackles with a determination that is clearly self motivation to enjoy them!
And what can I do but sit back and pray when shes flying that high! Though this picture doesn't show the wonder, thrill and accomplishment in her face, it would do her a disservice to hover. She worked hard to accomplish her goal of swinging high and I am so proud of her (and a tad nervous!)




Life is fabulous!

1 comment: