My love affair with this coal black liquid is long standing. It's not just the coffee, its the ritual. The moments that I've spent sitting with my husband sharing a cup. The times we walked down Broadway in Seattle to soak up the atmosphere just before stepping into heavenly Tullys nestled in that beautiful old building. It's the cup you grab before you are fully awake or the one to keep you on your feet for 50 hours at a birth. Its the smell in the morning that pulls you fully awake before your first drink and it has been the gathering places for some of the best women I have come to call friends. It's the joke of 'ruining it' with my husband and the intimacy that comes from sharing with him anyways!
Though I have a love hate relationship with this lovely drink while I'm pregnant - I cannot deny the pull to the cup is not an addiction of the body, but the ritual of peace and serenity of enjoying a few sips of warmth before tackling a day. It's amazing how many things in our lives are not about the obvious, but about the emotion the surrounds the soul.
Coffee can lead to work.......... and work is a big topic! Wooooweee are we busy. Now, I've been poor enough to never curse the work. I've also watched people around me sell out their marriages for career egos and keeping up with the Joneses. Balance is a one of the few things you realize you'll need to accomplish in all areas of life and work is one of those things! As the weeks and months since the 'start' of the season have rushed by at a nearly frantic pace, sometimes its easy to forget why your doing this. As I sit here and pour a piece of my mind into this blog, my love is working, hard. Dumb is the wife who never shares her sincere gratitude for the work being accomplished.
I have the best husband in the world. A part of me wonders what drives him to accomplish so much. When you look at his past and reflect your own understandings into it - I see so much. The balance he so steadily attains to make sure our children know that he chooses his family over punching a clock. The ability he seems to graciously have to accept mountains of work and yet look at them as mole hills in the path to his dreams. He is steady and calm, while never lazy nor frantic. It is truly amazing to stand side by side this husband of mine.
Work is busy, yet when the still of the moments come - the under lying truth is steady and real - Together we're strong, connected and working together for our goals. What an amazing sight.
With all this work though......... I'm leaving.
Here we come beloved peaceful mountains.


Macy, can we share a cup sometime soon? I have missed seeing you on Monday mornings and I am sorry that my life is pulling me away from that time. Work is all consuming on this end and I am working hard on the balance part of it. But really, when you get back from the mountains lets have a cup of coffee...my hour or yours, out in a coffee shop or maybe in a park. I don't care...just would love to sit and chat with you. Happy time in the mountains! So jealous!!!
ReplyDelete