There is tons of time to play in the dirt. Kalani doesn't care if she's fresh out of the bath, if there is mud anywhere, she will find it. In the absence of mud, ash from the fire pit is also acceptable.
She is asserting herself as only a 2-year-old does. If you say anything like "you're cute", she immediately stops and tells your adamantly, "NO! I Lani 2". (She's Kalani and she's 2). It's really fun.
Daunika decided having long hair was too much work. She's far too practical to be bothered with things like brushing her hair and taking time to un-tangle it. She had some requirements though, it needed to tuck behind her ears still because it bothers her in her face. This is what I came up with!
Life is pretty consistent for this dear child. We have a schedule we both agree on for our school work, she is still enjoying girl scouts every other week (though if you ask her it should be weekly). Some of her summer goals include swimming at Eagle Island all the time and going to Girl Scout camp alone!
Declan. Oh this photo sums up this kid so well. Last week, Damon and Declan went on a Father/Son camp-out. It was the highlight of his year. This kid idolizes everything about his Dad. It's so incredible to watch actually! This weekend we trimmed the walnut tree away from the house because it was touching it all over the place, that's just asking for damage. Declan watched the whole time - Dad, chain saws, ladders? What couldn't this kid enjoy? He asked to climb the ladder even and Damon helped him figure out how to check if it was safe.
He is noise in motion. There is no stopping him, no slowing down. I hope this summer to buy him a new bike. I think he really is ready to join us side by side in bike rides. I love having a park close that we can ride our bikes to and enjoy.
Aurora is coming into her own. She has decided to really enjoy learning about horses. She has a new horse puzzle and had it completed the first day she owned it! All of the books lately from the library have been about horses too!
Reading has become something she is feeling so confident in. I'm so proud of her! She's content to just enjoy life. She is our kid that goes with the flow easier than everyone else. Her goals for the summer are to get her very own math work books (ones that match Daunikas) and to go swimming. She's also looking forward to fresh tomatoes from the garden.
Daunika's new adventure has been all about Egyptians, pyramids, hieroglyphics, etc. This is a message she wrote to me. She has told me about new technology that uses x-rays to tell whats inside of mummy cases and really nifty facts about how the pyramids were build (including advancing in the shape based on how they evolved in their technique!)
Aurora has decided she loves all the BOB books. I'm not sure how to break it to her that we're on the last series.... Hopefully we find a new set that she loves as much!
These two are inseparable.
I'm enjoying gardening at a slower pace. We are SO thrilled to be purchasing a home. We've added fruit trees (two apple and a cherry so far), raspberry plants, mulch paths to help with weeding and row spacing. We're planning about 5 more fruit trees and several huge patches of black berries as a privacy fence that doubles as FOOD!
I'm trying out some new recipes for soap too. This is what I cut this morning. It's still super soft, I hope it hardens into a nice bar that is super gentle and moisturizing in a few weeks.
Hope to update more later - Life calls!




No comments:
Post a Comment