Here's a quick update on the crazy antics of our lives!
Can you believe it? A picture of my four kids looking AT the camera and smiling. Spring is here. Sunny and warm then rainy and cold! We are really enjoying bike rides to the park a couple times a week. Yes, at more than half way through my pregnancy, I am totally riding a bike pulling two children in a bike trailer.
Woo hoo! Instead of feeling exhausted from it, it makes me feel empowered. This 6th pregnancy for me hasn't been the easiest. I am glad to be in the middle sweet spot to enjoy it.
In March Aurora had "minor" surgery. It was a nightmare recovery for her but she was so incredibly brave.
She had an upper lip tie that was cut. Typically, it's a small minor surgery. For us, Aurora's healing was longer and harder. I am glad we did it. She is much happier now with the ability to fully smile. Can the mom in me admit that I slightly miss her lisp? It was adorable but her full smile is priceless! She was so thrlled once she was all healed her next goal was to lose her first tooth. She did it! She ate so many apples and carrots and did it!
Kalani's hair has suddenly grown so much! Isn't her morning hair hysterical?! Oh so funny.
We have a new guy in the midst of our trio of lady goats...
I believe our kids named him Peter. He is so calm and peaceful. Much bigger now, this is him at 6 days old. Some years are easy years for kids coming, this wasn't one of those years. We lost two kids that arrived with this little man. Then the first 24 hours we had a heck of a time keeping him warm or getting him to eat at all. So glad he's perfect now :)
Life would be boring on my blog without towing vehicles right?
Lookie!
Yes, that is our truck Roger on a trailer while Betty tows his huge load home. Now, that sounds simple right? Ha........ 8:45pm I get a call from Damon who says "Rogers starter died, I need you to come get me"... On the way to save my husband, Aurora had the craziest bloody nose I've ever seen! While she laid down flat in the car, I ran into AutoZone for the starter. No biggie right? Well, I thought my husband meant he was going to change the starter there in the parking lot. Surprise! When I get there, he wants towed home. It should be noted I have NO problem driving trailers. I have serious issues with tow straps. I hate everything about towing with tow straps... Not to mention our tow strap is super short for two huge vehicles and isn't rated to pull 8,000 lbs.
No biggie. It's almost 10 pm, our kids are tired but being fabulous. We call friends who have this great car trailer and they save our lives... We drive an hour to pick it up. We drive the hour back to the truck. Well, Damon spent hours literally hand winching (with come alongs) his 8,000 lb truck on the trailer all by himself. It was an event, trust me. We made it home by 2 am with a broken come along, bruises and fell into our beds exhausted!
Story over right? No. We broke the damn trailer getting it OFF.
Did I mention my tow rating is 6,000 lbs and the truck + trailer = over 10,000 lbs.
Yep. My suburban is a bad ass.
Since our last blog post, Declan had a birthday! This awesome little man decided to be different and have a carrot cake this year. He tells everyone he meets that he is four with enthusiasm.
He loved the cake. Thank you Costco for helping me through exhaustion sometimes!
I'll have to update more later! Carry on lovely folks <3





No comments:
Post a Comment