This week was no exception. I tucked my children into bed last Thursday evening, I curled up and finally fell asleep about 10:30 myself... I joined a wonderful family by 1:30am Friday and came home Saturday about 4 pm. Wow. This schedule sounds familiar to me because my own first labor was just over 43 hours long, and watching a labor that long, I began to feel enormous respect for this family and every family that I get to support.
Welcome little one, Baby girl A, it has been a pleasure supporting your family and meeting you!
If I thought 43 hours was going to be it for the week, fear not - Monday welcomed another little girl! I've had the pleasure of supporting this lovely family 2 years before. Actually, almost 2 years to the date, they welcomed a son and I was there to support them in their strengths. I am so thrilled to have been there again for this incredible family.
And just like her big brother 2 years ago, this little girl had tons of beautiful hair! Welcome, little M.
So Monday evening I am thinking that I've done two births in a single week, no biggie right? What a wonderful "birth high" I was falling from..... Nope, Tuesday welcomes not one, but TWO more little girls! This peaceful family is tucked in safely and being cared for by the best in the state.
Such strong reflexes. Look at those tiny toes pinch Dad's hand! Welcome baby girl A! You look so much like your mama already!
Peacefully sleeping, Baby girl B looks like Dad! How funny, these little ones may be twins, but they have their own looks from the beginning. Welcome little one!
Wow. What a week. I could not have done it without the support of my family, my friends, those who prayed with me for energy and strength. I absolutely love being a doula. It's a profession that suits me.

*sigh* and now i feel like i've had my "birth high" fix. :) welcome sweet babies! thanks for being there for them, sweet macy.
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing, busy week.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you love what you do. You bless so many people with your talents and service! Welcome to the new littles. And great work to you and your friends and family for supporting you.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing. Thank you for the glimpse into new lives.
ReplyDelete