Friday, January 20, 2012

Happy New Year!! a tad late!

What does a year do? 

Well, this was Daunika in December 2010

And this is Daunika now! 

Our second lovely daughter Aurora in December 2010

And here is Aurora now

And Moose one year ago in December 2010

Our awesome Declan now

Wow. Do you think that's all? Oh no.. not at all. This year was more than just our childrens obvious growth... This year was an extremely dynamic year for our whole family!

We also added this lovely addition before we rang in the new year:
Kalani Ember.


Now, for most families, the addition of a family member might be the only notable change for the year. Many families can appreciate the steady and consistent. Our family? Not a chance. 2011 was a huge year of growth, change, dynamic processes and sincere hearts full of love and joy.

Our year brought so many wonder times together.

We got to share goofy laughter in the mountains without any agenda but being a family.

We found out Moose took constant supervision.... Or you might find him in odd places

The thrill of fun with friends was captured.

A change of vehicles was needed to fit our growing family


A SERIOUS amount of messes were made by one tiny soul.

Happiness unbound

Family was welcomed for a stay in Idaho

Skills were taken to new heights....

We learned about cars frames, windows shattering and towing capacities

And since the car maxed out... more change was endured

Change seemed to be a theme of the year...We welcomed another pet

And another new pet...

A lot of "school" was enjoyed!

What an amazing year of change!

Never did I imagine my life could change so much, so quickly, so fluidly. As I look back over this past year of pictures, I'm profoundly proud of my family and myself. Change requires growth. Growth requires letting go of previous expectations, expanding your heart, mind and soul. It takes courage and strength. Trust in the universe around you. This year was full of change and I learned so much. There was hours of laughter as we witnessed our greatest accomplishments thrive, our children. We took chances and reconnected with parents - both my husbands father Mike and my biological mother Suzanne were welcomed into our home with open hearts. We learned that to climb a mountain you have to put one foot in front of another. Intense amount of pain was endured as a friendship weathered a serious storm. More stress and undeniable fear was faced as we learned my mother had a heart attack. We celebrated lifes little accomplishments (like a growing business) and lifes huge accomplishments (like witnessing compassion in your children). There was laughter, love, tears, fears, growth, change, challenges and endurance.

We did it. Another year. We didn't just survive - we thrived. We grew

So, here's to 2012. Yes, I know I'm 20 days into the year already, but damnit I'm busy!

I hope to find this beautiful new year as challenging as the last - because looking back, those challenges were growth and I truly believe if you are not growing you are shrinking.

I choose growth - come with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment