Thursday, October 14, 2010

Homeschooling Greatness - Who wants to stay inside?

Picture this. 9:45 am, 3 children, homeschooling agenda including math, reading, science. Breakfast wasn't a hit. My children had the wiggles from the moment they woke up. Milk spilled, tears, fists thrown between the girls.... I'm about ready to kill them. How in the hell am I suppose to get through a day with my 'school' for them?

I do believe thats the moment I yelled "GET YOUR SOCKS, SHOES and ASS IN THE CAR". I really do try not to curse at my kids, but I was going to kill them if they wiggled into the others space one more time and created a fight. I loaded up a small bag with some snacks, water, and a bag for the kids. School had been cancelled for the day, we are taking a field trip where no one cares if we wiggle, run, scream, explore, have a hoot!

Albertson's park is one of Boise's treasures if you ask me. It has got to be on my top 10 favorite places to be in Boise. Maybe even top 5.

So, my moment of mental lapse and cursing turned into this amazing exploration day with invited friends:

I mean, doesn't that scream 'come walk here, its beautiful'
Those little dots you see... those would be my lovely daughters really LIVING. Who wants to plant their bottom in a seat and be forced to 'learn' when they want to RUN? Ahhh yes, I love being able to really listen to their needs.
Daunika brought her purse with scissors to collect leaves 
THAT is what I homeschool for. That look RIGHT THERE. I mean, seriously. I can't sum that happiness up. 
This is serious business. 
Ivy :)
We brought Friends too!! Very pregnant Megan and her 2 yr old Rosie :)
Rosie and Aurora explore near the pond
Yep, we're losing them to the bushes!!
Our tag-a-long
I love my little explorers. 

I hope to make it out there weekly at least for the fall :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment