Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I'm living by....

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

 GALATIANS 5:22


Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong. 

Ella Fitzgerald


"Speak tenderly to them. Let there be kindness in your face, in your eyes, in your smile, in the warmth of our greeting. Always have a cheerful smile. Don't only give your care, but give your heart as well." 

Mother Teresa


Destitutus ventis, remos adhibe 

- Latin Proverb.


You make a living by what you get, You make a life by what you give

 - Winston Churchill.



There are days when I really do look to inspiration outside to keep me on track. Days when I've ran around in circles and cannot understand who these little humans are and why in the heck they keep screaming 'Mom' at me. Have you ever had those days when you know you've been less than your best self and should go back to bed promptly and try again tomorrow? 

I tell ya, they are coming fewer and farther between in this home. I have been enlightened with the Spirit. I feel like I'm striving to be my best self. Instead of running away from those crazy little ones, we are in sync. 

Working on our values has a huge impact on that. We talk EVERY day about our value (of the month).  Last month was Kindness. I cannot tell you how much we have talked about Kindness because no matter what, there is room for kindness in our lives. Like the Galatians quote, there is no law against kindness and there never will be. Mother Teresa took it a step further and understood that giving your heart into living is good. I'd say its good for the soul, or good for the world... but those don't encompass it all... It is just good.

Of course I have days when I lose my temper, I forget my kindness rules and I want to crawl back into bed... but I will strive to lead this home by example. 


If I want kindness, I will start with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment