Aurora surprised me this year and decided that sprinkle cake was called for! She is my kiddo who tends to skip cake and her favorite treat for celebrations is pie.... but this year, SPRINKLE CAKE was made!
She was very thrilled with the process. Who doesn't love homemade yellow cake with lots of butter and egg yolks? Woot!
I love this simple family tradition and I adore looking through the years of creations and hilarious decorations attempted by our kids on their special days. Aurora is just such a special child. In a house as loud and busy as ours, I've heard several people reflect that their quiet kiddos can get lost in the mix but Aurora defies that rule and her humor and quiet reflections are magnetic.
And holy moly did she get so grown looking this year!! This was her cake from her 8th birthday -
What an amazing blessing to have such a fabulous kiddo to celebrate!
9 years and counting....
9 years and counting....






No comments:
Post a Comment