Tuesday, March 1, 2016

We kicked off March with a bang!


Today started like any other - breakfast was a fend-for-yourself smorgasbord of yogurt, fresh fruit, fresh loaf of bread Aurora made... Tuesday's are our typical go-go-go day. Homeschool co-op, game day with friends for the afternoon, and an evening of playing taxi service from choir to activity days to work meetings for me. So, imagine my delight in being able to NAP in the middle of the afternoon today (though I'm sure my kids missed game day). Anaius and me tucked into bed and caught a couple ZZZ's... The bigger kids colored, played on the computer and read books. Waking up startled but rested was fun - and I hadn't been awake more than 30 minutes when a CRASH was heard from our basement. Checking that I could see all my kids on the main floor of the house, I assumed they stacked toys too high and did not immediately go check on the noise. A little while later, our kids are shouting "What happen to the window?" and I'm puzzled!



Since 1943/1944 - this window has sat in it's sill but today, it decided to exit on it's own onto our concrete floor. I think the universe is telling me to guard my thoughts with exact care. I had been telling my lovely husband how I wanted to have windows that opened so fresh air could be enjoyed in the basement during nice weather. It was put on the "to do someday" list..... BE CAREFUL what you put on your to do list folks!

But don't worry - March may have started with a bang, but I genuinely let loose a laughter of irony and "what else can I do" mentality. This same laughter and mentality got me through all of February. Coming up with the unexpected and rolling with it life outlook is one that is being refined in my heart and soul lately.


But really, with AWESOME kids like these, who would I be to spend a moment of my time feeling sad. This was snapped while we were playing at a local park & elementary school playground one sunny Sunday afternoon. One of the greatest challenges in expecting another baby isn't that having kids is hard - it's really really FUN to have these 5 - but it's the sense of there is only ONE of me and that inherently means I have limitations in time and energies. I am realistic that these little people demand a lot and I think I'm feeling comfortable realizing that my belief system of "not doing it all alone" is a reality. It means I love that I've found some awesome math curriculum that unburdens that horrendous subject from my life for a bit and allows me to really shine at topics I adore - like anything but math.

I'm facing some real brain benders on my career lately and have not yet decided on any one path. I am grateful I don't have to. I'm 29. I have a fairly large family, lofty travel goals and a whole lots of home responsibilities that I really enjoy. I have plenty of awesome time to just live - working or not. I am so incredibly grateful for my husbands career and business that affords me the option of staying at home with our babies. It's a luxury and one I don't take lightly. So, am I going back to work after this baby? I don't know and that feels pretty awesome. 


Anyone who knows us knows that board games are a big part of our lives. Did you know: I didn't know how to play chess until Declan taught me. Then Damon thought it was so funny that I didn't know how to play that of course we played a round, which lead to me LOSING. Then these adorable men in my life played some rounds too! Oh so fun. I still don't know the names of all the pieces like my kids do, but I can lose a round without looking too stupid now! 


This lovely sweet girl of ours got some stellar new glasses and is getting ready to enter a specialty therapy for some vision problems that can not be corrected with just glasses. We had hoped glasses would help correct it but we're more than 2 years in of wearing glasses and it has continued to get worse not better - I'm grateful for a local option to help! :) 


 I am so excited that this year is an early spring. I admit "resting" for this pregnancy is mentally impossible for me and I sneak outside any chance I can make a legitimate excuse. This kid helps with those excuses because he LOVES to be outside. He sat on this old broken lawnmower for a long time making driving noises. He's content to roll in the dirt, build, adventure, and get into everything outside. Such a kid after my own heart isn't he? 


These two big girls are amazing. This is them carrying out a bucket of clean fresh water to our goats. There is just so much I could say about the special bond between these two but really - everyone already knows. It sparkles out of them like rainbows breaking through the clouds. They work side by side together (like accomplishing chores as shown), playing elaborate games together, crafting for hours and doing school work together is always funner when you have a sister with you!

All in all, I'm excited to enter a new month. I feel incredibly calm, peaceful and ridiculously excited to see all that is coming up - I might need glued to my seat to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment