Our camping season has begun with a BANG!
Can I just say it: I adore camping. I really really do. It is our chance to slow down, relax, explore and play. This camping season for us started last weekend. Damon is working about 2.5 hours away from our home with some stellar clients and we were talking all about lodging options when I stumbled across camping nearby!
Last weekend we explored completely unknown to us areas of Idaho: Lake Walcott.... and last weekend it was freezing. Literally, it hailed/sleet/rain/slush mixed all night long with crazy winds!
Here's some quick snaps from last weekend:
Last weekend we explored completely unknown to us areas of Idaho: Lake Walcott.... and last weekend it was freezing. Literally, it hailed/sleet/rain/slush mixed all night long with crazy winds!
Here's some quick snaps from last weekend:
Our campsite was tucked in the trees with no one around and water to enjoy listening to as we rested. It was awesome. There was plenty of paved trails and the kids spent hours on their bikes going all over.
And while it's not AT ALL my preference to camp at "paid and maintained" campsites - at least we had toilets and the kids loved the playground within walking distance!
Lots of fun was had.... but we were cold most of the first weekend.
This is my favorite photo of us the first weekend!!
This is my favorite photo of us the first weekend!!
Our second weekend at Lake Walcott was completely the opposite. Instead of 55*/35* and windy, it was 80*/50* and AMAZING!!!!!!!!
The water was so peaceful and beautiful. I loved sitting next to the water and playing cards with the kids. Farkle flip, yhatzee, skip bo... on and on :)
And the best part? At 7 pm every night, we picked up this gorgeous man.
And this little guy... He was a crazy loon the whole time.
He spent both weekends like this:
While the other kids did this:
And... In case you were curious, I will be CAMPING for 17 of the 30 days this month.
BRING ON THE CAMPING !!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment